From: "Steve Pattison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 5:33 AM
Subject: Re: Easy CD DA Extractor 8.2.1 is now Available

I use Easy CD DA Extractor and find it fairly accessible.  You can
hear a review of a MUCH EARLIER VERSION OF this program in the Main
Menu archives on the ACB Radio home page at
www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=19&MMN_position=30:29.
The edition with the review is dated 21 March 2001.  Below are some
notes I received from another Window-Eyes user about the
accessibility of this program:  -Steve.

Here it is.  Note that, as he says, the first track you'll be on after
following his steps will be track2.  So, if you wanted to select
track1,
you'd have to up arrow once, and press the spacebar.  If you then
pressed alt+1, you'd here track1 played.  If you've used this program
for a while, I'm sure you already know that to operate the player
controls, you have to use the bypass key (insert+b) in every case.
I will explain here as a summary the most important key combination You
must do to
get tracks selected with the Space key:
1. In the very beginning (after the CD is inserted and auto queue read)
press Function
Key F2 (Edit Artist), then F3 (Edit Title) and Finally once more F2
key!
Now You
have to press the Enter Key and immediately after that the Left Arrow
just once -
This gets You to line 2 (second title) to selectable state.
2. Now You can use the Up and Down Arrow keys to navigate the rows and
at each row
You like to select press the Spacebar. When all is done press F8 to get
all those
Ripped! Do not press Arrow key at all.
3. If You get stuck and cannot go to next line just repeat section 1 at
this post
(Press F2, F3, F2, Enter and Left Arrow) and You will be at the
selectable state
again at the next row!
4. Just use Your screen reader or better yet the Alt+1 to play the
current track and
Alt+6 to stop playing. That's like browsing by sense of hearing to know
where your
cursor (selected line) is!
5. One more note: if you like to rip all the tracks at an album, just
press the F8
Function Key at the very beginning. It will select all tracks by
default
and Rip
them! (If Control+A and Control+N are reserved keys at Your screen
reader application,
they won't work at Easy CD-DA Extractor version 7!)

At 03:35 AM 5/07/2005, you wrote:
>Do you use this program yourself?  If so, how would you rate it in terms of
>screen reader accessibility and non-visual simplicity, compared to other
>prominent programs you may be familiar with like Nero, Easy Media Creator,
>etc.?
>
>Thanks a lot.  If you know anyplace online where the program is reviewed
>for
>accessibility and usability, what's the URL or name of such a site?

Regards Steve,
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSN Messenger:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype:  steve1963