To: "'PC audio discussion list. '" <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:41 PM
Subject: Stareo ground hum

In an attempt to get rid of ground hum or electrical hum between the
computer and stereo I moved the computer next to the stereo.
I have two serge protectors next to each other using the same plugin because
I have a lot of things around that area.

Now I had the computer and stereo plugged in to the same serge and one in
each one and wile the hum seems to be a bit quieter, it is still there.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to filter out this hum. I rent an
older home, but the electrical plugin I am using is new so I would be
limited on what I can try to eliminate this noise.
I did shorten the cord between the computer and stereo, but no difference.

Short of going out and buying a usb external card and hoping that will some
how work better any ideas?

Thanks.