the way it sounds here, you would want to maybe buy yourself a portable mp3
player with a voice recorder such as an iRiver or another player with a
voice recorder on  it, which will save as an mp3. you can then transfer
those files to your computer and then burn them to an audio cd, which will
play in any cd player. you could just record your class notes as a straight
up mp3 and transer it that way and burn to cd using any of the standard cd
burning programs like Nero, which is my favorite.