From: "Dana S. Leslie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2005 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: Restating the Problem

RQJ,

Of course, I've done that. But that solves only part of the problem. Under
the scheme you describe, the Windows system sounds are ALSO moved, along
with Realplayer's output, to the newly chosen default sound device. As I
stated in my original message, it seems there's no way to assign either the
system sounds or realplayer's output to any device other than the default
device. And,what I want to do is to have each of them assigned to different
devices.

It would be very easy to accomplish if only realplayer allowed its output to
be reassigned, as Winamp does. But it doesn't! And, Real Networks shows no
signs of caring about this deficiency.