Hi Randy,
hehehe, I think you actually mean an iPod, not an iPodder.
                 iPodder is the now former name of one of the most popular
podcast receiving programs out there.
what you're thinking of is an mp3 player, not a device to download
podcasts, I would guess?
If it really is an iPod you're thinking of, the only one I can even
moderately recommend to you is the iPod shuffle, and even then it's so
limited in what it can do that I can't really recommend it much.
So if you're looking for a good mp3 player, and you don't want to spend a
ton of cash, try out some of the creative Muvo, spelled m u v o models. The
problem with these mp3 players is they're really cool, but once people find
out about them, the companies are coming up with new models, and someone
has to take a chance on them and hope that they're accessible.  The very
best thing you can do is actually go to a store like Best buy, Circuit City
or another place that actually sells the things, and have a look at them
yourself, and see if you're even able to operate it, and ask  questions
about how to transfer songs to the player. most of them are USB based, so
that sholdn't be a problem.
But in general, i would really stay away from he Apple products.