You can't except with Sound Forge, although Total Recorder does have something
like an automatic level control mode if I remember right.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tyler Spivey
  To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
  Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:13 PM
  Subject: recording audio

  Hello. This question has probably been asked to death on here, but how
  can I check the level of my audio source before I record to prevent
  clipping or distortion if the audio volume suddenly changes? I am not
  sure weather I should use total recorder, gold wave or some other
  program to record audio, since I do not want something large that will
  consume resources and may cause dropouts and other glitches in my recordings.

  Thanks,
  Tyler

  This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we