Hello,

I like to record nls books.  I usually use Goldwave for recording these
books at 3 and 3/4 IPS, quadruple play speed.  I then change the
playback rate and save them as mp3 files.  I would prefer to use either
Recall pro or Total Recorder because those programs can record directly
to mp3 rather than recording to a temporary file and then converting to
mp3; unfortunately, Total Recorder and Recall pro lack the ability to
change the playback rate. which is essential to this process.

I am therefore wondering if a program exists which will play mp3 files
using a sampling rate other than the one used to record the file.
Specifically, I want to play an mp3 file at one fourth the sampling rate
used to record it.

I know someone will tell me to open the file in Goldwave or Sound Forge;
however, it takes almost a minute and a half to open large files in this
way.  So I want a program which can do this without uncompressing the
file.  Such a program probably doesn't exist, but it certainly doesn't
hurt to inquire.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Don Roberts

It has removed 46 spam emails to date.