From: Kevin Lloyd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:57 AM
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: Re: re mp3gain

Hi.

Hope the following is of some use.

Using MP3GAIN To Set A Selection Of Tracks To the Same Volume

  1.. To select all tracks in a given folder:
    1.. Press control + D to open the Add Folder dialogue
    2.. Use the up and down arrow keys to navigate the folders on your hard
drive
    3.. Use the right arrow key to open the folder you wish to select tracks
from.  Note that, sub folders will be selected within that folder
    4.. When the required folder has been opened using the right arrow key,
tab to OK and press enter
    5.. You will now be returned to the previous list of selected tracks
which will now show all of the tracks found under the folder you selected
  2.. To select specific files from a number of different folders:
    1.. Press control + F to open the Add File dialogue
    2.. Press shift + tab twice to get to the open folder combo box
    3.. Use the up and down arrow keys to navigate the folders on your hard
drive to locate the folder in which your required track can be found
    4.. Press enter to open the folder and then tab into the file and folder
list
    5.. Continue to press enter and use the up and down arrow keys until the
list of tracks is displayed
    6.. Use the up and down arrow keys to locate the specific track required
    7.. Press enter when the required track has been located
    8.. You will now be returned to the track listing which will show the
track you selected.  Note that, if you know the path of the file you
require, you can short cut some of these steps by keying the file name
directly rather than navigating through the lists of folders as described
here.
  3.. To set all selected tracks to the same volume, press control + G.
Note that this will set all tracks to a target volume of 89 which is a
reasonable volume for older tracks in particular to prevent possible
clipping.  If a different volume level is required, tab to the volume  edit
box and enter your preferred value.

Kevin
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]