There's a product called Logitech Music Anywhere which sounds like what
you describe.  I purchased a package which includes the transmitter that
plugs into your USB port, the software and a pair of wireless
headphones.  In addition to the wireless headphones, you could get a
receiver that will connect up with your home stereo.  A quick google
gave me the following review:

http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=reviews&id=785

Google found a lot, and I pretty much just grabbed a review at random.

Note that I don't have any experience hooking this up to my home stereo
system, but I am quite pleased with my head phones.  It uses Bluetooth
technology, so the signal is digital, but somehow it gets much more than
the 30 foot range I usually associate with Bluetooth.  I think the range
was claimed to be 180 feet.  I don't have a problem getting a crystal
clear reception anywhere in my house.

Steve Matzura wrote:
> There's a Logitech Wireless Audio product, I believe that's its name,
> that plugs into a USB port and sends your music data digitally, not
> analog like some older products, to a receiver plugged into your
> stereo. It has a wireless remote that you can use to control Winamp to
> some extent--you can stop and start it, select previous and next
> track, maybe one or two other things.
>
> As for creating playlists, well, there's nought much better for
> intelligent playlist creation than Station Playlist Creator, but the
> Winamp shuffle function works pretty OK.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 19:08:48 -0400, you wrote:
>

>> Hello:
>> I finally have all my cd collection on a Hard Drive, and now want to be able
>> to stream everything to my stereo.  I am using JFW 7.1.  First what software
>> would be good to use to allow me to make play lists, and just listen to the
>> albums I have converted.  Also is anyone aware of a similar product to the
>> cd3o network player?  They don't seem to be doing anything with it for the
>> past three years, and it doesn't support G wireless.  I like the concept,
>> but would prefer something that is still being supported  Thanks for any
>> suggestions anyone can give.

>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we
>> offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com

Christopher