Hello, well it's using the technique of voice overs in Sound Forge, but my
purpose is a little different. I've used the paste special menu, but it just
doesn't turn out like I hoped. I have a concert recording where the singing
and guitar is more to one side of the audio track than another. It's
difficult to listen to like that, and I don't want to discard the stereo
image because of the audience ambience. What I figured on doing was having
one file be where the audio is on the left side mostly, and taking the exact
same thing and swapping channels for the other file. So we have two files,
one where the audio leans towards the left with audience ambience happening
on the right, and the other file which is the exact opposite, with the audio
leaning towards the right and audience ambience to the left. I figured I'd
select all the data in one of the files, which one doesn't really matter,
then flip over to the other file and use the paste special menu. I select
mix, and then select the normal voiceover mode. The result leans one way or
the other, and doesn't balance out. This sounds like it should work in
theory. Is there something I've done wrong? If I did a straight channel
copy, then that means losing the ambience on the channel where the guitar
and voice are less prominent. Would I have to cancel out the less prominent
channels first, then add them back in later? Any help would be appreciated,
as I'd like a nice balanced recording.
Matthew