Well, the sighted help I was referring to was pretty minimal.  I needed
it mostly to get familiar with the player and then when I'd gotten
myself in trouble loading some new firmware on it.  Others may disagree,
but IMHO, if you're gonna play with the Rockbox firmware then you need
to be willing to spend some time reading up on what to do, be prepared
to experiment with  it a bit and be patient and persistent!  Knowing a
little bit about electronics, at least the terms used, would also help.
I don't want to scare anyone off, but you can't go into it thinking
it'll work right out of the box, or you'll probably be pretty
disappointed and frustrated.  If you do get it all working, it is pretty
sweet!

Christopher