mac: maybe, me and you, have the same point of view, which isn't gary's.
Of course every one has his/her own way to manage messages, and every one
has his/her needs. The moderators cannot listen to every need of every
subscriber, so he has to adapt the list to the majority
maybe, when it was born, pc-audio has the majority of people desiring not
to have the subject prefix
I know that when I am at work I can't always read PC-audio so I don't
participate to discussions, as for spam reasons, added to the fact of web
mail, I delete almost every mail not tagged and coming from foreign people.