Hi

I have created some basic scripts for the Sound Taxi program recently being
discussed on this list.  The scripts can be freely downloaded from
www.hartgen.org/portable.html
and select the miscellaneous topics link.]
I can only guarantee them working with Jaws V8 at the moment.

They contain the following features.

The scripts contain what I call a "virtual menu bar".  You can press the ALT
key to deploy or dismiss the virtual menu bar.  When selected, press right
and left arrow to move through the options on the menu bar.  Jaws will
announce the focused option together with a shortcut key pertaining to it.
Pressing Enter on any item on the virtual menu bar, or ALT+Tabbing away from
the application, will always dismiss it.

Note that some options have more than one function, such as play or stop
original file.  Jaws is aware when a file is playing and pressing the same
keystroke, or activating it from the virtual menu bar, will stop the
playback of the original or converted file.

Once you have become familiar with the shortcut keys I have included, you
need never use the menu bar if you do not want to.

The other issue fixed was in relation to check boxes not speaking their
state.

If anyone can think of anything else, please let me know.

Brian Hartgen

MSN:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SKYPE: brianhartgen