Well, I tried to find a direct link to the latest firmware for the Zen
Stone, but I had too much trouble with the Creative site. I'd suggest
you try the auto update feature on the Creative site. Go to
creative.com, select your country and region and then click on Support
and then Downloads. There will be a link to the auto update software.
You'll have to be using Internet Explorer, and it'll make you install
and ActiveX plug in, but it seems to work just fine. I have the latest
firmware, so there was nothing for me to install.

If this doesn't work, I have a self installing executable for the latest
Zen Stone firmware, although I'm not sure how I got it now! I can send
it to you. Please request me to send it to you off line though. My email
address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Remember to try the reset first though. Updating the firmware won't work
if you don't have a good USB connection with your Stone.

Kathy Szinnyey wrote:
> Hi, Christopher and gang!  Thanks so much for all your advice.  I've done
> some of these things, and others I will try.  I've spent lots of time
> looking for a link to upgrade, or maybe totally re-install the Zen Stone
> firmware to no avail yet.  So, Christopher, if you could help me find that,
> I'd be forever in your debt.  I thinkk!  Smile.  So far, that's my theory as
> well, that I need to totally reformat this baby.   I think, somewhere in
> this process, I may have tried to upgrade this thing from the Zen Stone
> Creative Media software, but I think I got this message about no upgrades
> being available.  I think, also at some point, (remember, this has been my
> little ongoing project, ahem), I found out something about reformatting a
> device using the Windows Media Player but it made no sense, nor could I find
> any such thing in my Windows Media Player menus.  Not that much in Windows
> Media Player makes sense to me anyway.  Grouchy smile.
>
> So, any help I can get to find where to totally reformat this Zen Stone
> could be very much appreciated.
>
> Okay, I'm off to work at the Library.  Y'all are the best!
>
> Peace,
> Kathy
>

> Listen to Kathy and Fred on the Web at
>
> http://www.live365.com/stations/cityslackers/
>
> http://www.fredkate.libsyn.com

>>> if I can get it to do anything.  It's like one of those little projects

Christopher