It isn't a trial version. It's a full blown version. The normal trial
version times out after 15 days, and if I remember right, it has some
limitations, such as not working with the premium voices. It doesn't
come with any support though, and although I haven't looked into it, I
doubt there's any kind of an upgrade path to newer versions. Anyway,
it's all moot for TextAloud since the day it was being given away is
past! :-)

For future programs the web site, as I quoted below, says "... that
software will be

absolutely free. That means - not a trial, not a limited version - but a
registered
and legal version of the software will be free for our visitors*. The software
product will be presented in its full functionality, without any limitations
save for those mentioned in Terms and Conditions."

Normally, TextAloud costs you $29.95 and at time of purchase you get one
of their pairs of premium licenses at a discount, e.g. Crystal and Mike
from AT&T Natural Voices for $25 instead of $35. It's all described on
their web site, http://sites.fastspring.com/nextup/product/textaloud.

--
Christopher