Don-

ATSC format enables it to receive digital
broadcasting. Next year the US will switch from analog
to digital in order to gain additional band space for
other servics. In order to receive this format you
need either a satellite or cable TV capability or ATSC
tuner to receive TV from an on-the-air rooftop
antenna. If you do not have any of these there will be
made available an Analog to Digital converter 'box'.
Guy Mallard

--- "Donald L. Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As I got no response when I sent the below message
> to another
> list, I hope to have better luck with pc-audio.
>

> I just bought a bargain basement refurbished 19-inch
> HD TV with
> specs which
> sound pretty good to me.  However, I have one
> question.  The
> below info suggests that there are two built-in
> tuners.  Please
> take a look and tell me just what is meant by ATSC
> and the other
> whose name I cannot remember. I think the ATSC is
> the digital
> tuner, but what is the other one?  Below is the
> link for the 19-inch Westinghouse TV.
>
> http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?EDP=40437119
>
> Here are the specs as I copied them:
>
> 19" LCD HDTV - SK-19H210
> Turn your kitchen, bathroom or RV into a mini home
> theatre with
> the new Westinghouse
> 19" LDC HDTV. The SK-19H210S is a versatile 19" LCD
> HDTV that
> offers 3 HD inputs,
> a built-in ATSC/NTSC/ClearQam tuner and a PC
> compatible 1440 x
> 900 wide screen resolution.
> Equipped with a built-in carrying handle, this TV is
> easy to take
> from room to room.
> 19" LCD HDTV - SK-19H210
> Specifications
> Viewable Screen Size
> 19" Diagonal
> Aspect Ratio
> 16:10
> Native/Optimum Resolution
> 1440 x 900
> Color Capability
> 16.2 Million colors
> Connectors
> 1 Antenna In (RF)
> 1 Video/S-Video In
> 1 YPbPr In
> 1 HDMI
> 1 D-Sub (VGA) In
> 1 PC Audio In (mini)
> 2 Audio In (dual RCA)
> 1 Phone Out
> 1 SPDIF Optical Out
> 1 AC Power In
> Compatible Modes
> NTSC/ATSC/ClearQAM 480o, 480p, 720p, 1080i
> PC VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA+
> Picture
> Contrast Ratio 1000:1
> Color Gamut 75% NTSC
> Lamp Life 40,000 Hrs
> Viewing Angle 170° Horizontal
> 160° Vertical
> Response Time 5 ms
> Video Features
> Preset Video Modes - Enhanced/Movie/Game/Sport
> Screen Fit Modes - Standard/Fill
> Progressive Scan
> 2D OSD Graphics Engine
> Selectable Color Temperature - 3 presets, 1 User
> Adjustable
> Convenience Features
> AutosourceT
> SpineDesignT
> DayBrightT - High contrast LCD for both day and
> night
> [...]

G.M. ELECTRONICS SERVICE
      REPAIR * INSTALLATION * CIRCUIT DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
       Computers - Satellite TV - Marine Electronics
            Wireless  -  Communications - Ham Radio

    Custom-Designed By Request Original 50-60's Music CD's

          P.O. Box 171  Starke, FL 32091

          E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   PH: (904)964-4451
                Guy Mallard, Owner