So when you plug it in, you get that initial dialog that Windows throws
up asking you what to do. If you cancel out of that dialog box, you
still can't access the Zen Stone with Windows Explorer? I hate to ask,
but are you sure you're bringing up the right device in My Computer? If
all else fails, you could try resetting the Zen Stone. There's a small
pin hole on the top of the player, just to the right of the slider. You
can use a pin to push a tiny button inside that hole. That'll reset your
Zen Stone. It won't erase anything on the flash memory though. If that
still doesn't work, you can use the Creative Media Lite software to
reformat the Zen Stone. Again, I hope this helps!

Ketan Kothari wrote:
> No, In fact it does play if I select the play option.  But I cannot
> access it using my computer o r windows explorer.
> On 3/12/08, Christopher Chaltain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Have you copied any music to the Zen Stone yet? If not, what music is it
>> playing, the samples that come with the player maybe?
>>
>> I'm a bit confused as to what you're doing. Are you saying that when you
>> plug the Zen Stone in, you get a dialog that gives you several options,
>> including "play music"? Are you then selecting this option? Is it after
>> you've selected this option that you're getting this error message?
>>
>> Instead of selecting play music, have to tried selecting one of the
>> other options, such as explore media or something like that?
>>
>> What if you cancel out of that dialog box and then try to access the Zen
>> Stone through "My Computer" or with Windows Explorer?
>>
>> I hope some of these suggestions help.
>>
>> Ketan Kothari wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have just bought a creative zenstone 1gb player. I am having a strange
>>>
>> problem. When I connect it to the machine it gives me option for playing
>> files and if I select OK it plays. However, if I try to access the player
>> using my computer it gives recycler\desktop.exe dialog that windows cannot
>> access the file and that I may not have permissions. Please help. Thank
>> you.
>>
>>> Ketan Kothari
>>> Phone: [r] 24223281,
>>> Cell: 9987550614
>>> MSN ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Skype ID: Ketan3333
>>>
>>> Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
>>> http://www.pc-audio.org

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>

>> --
>> Christopher