Must say Dave, simply from my impressions of the ION USB turntable I saw,
the build quality didn't seem impressive so I'm inclined to think these
turntables are very basic performers technically.

I'd much sooner go for a Hi Fi turntable with magnetic cartridge and a good
pre-amp.  These cost!

Either that or consider using a company doing vinyl transfer as a paid-for
service.

After all is said though, depends entirely on how critical you are about
sound quality.  I've yet to start transfering my treasured vinyls but I know
it is going to be time-consuming.

Hope these thoughts are of some help.

Ray.
Dave McElroy WA6BEF wrote: