Hi Mari,

1. You can open the Sound dialog by opening the start menu and typing sound.
The first match will probably be sound recorder, but you can just arrow down
one to sound, and then press enter.

2. Press ctrl+tab to move to the recording page, where there's a list of
devices. Select a device, and press spacebar ( or choose properties from its
context menu).

3. A properties dialog for that device opens. Move to the levels page of this
dialog, and there'll be a slider where you can set the recording level. Then
just press the ok button, and you're returned to the sound dialog.

Other stuff you can do on the recording page of the sound dialog from the
context menu of a selected device:
1. set disabled and disconnected devices to be shown in the list.
2. set the selected device as default.
3. enable the device if it's disabled.

David.