Hi Cathy. You do want to choose the user mode driver. I don't even know
what the kernel mode driver does so make sure that one is unchecked. Once
your installed they will walk you through their wizzard and be sure when
you conduct the test to have winamp running with some music. The wizzard
will tell you if it has detected sound. I've used just the standard edition
of total recorder for quite a while and I like it because I can record
midis with it and convert them to mp3's. Good luck and I hope you get it
working.

On 3/10/2009 at 6:32 AM Kathy Szinnyey wrote:

>Hi, again! Sorry to be such a pest, but I spent yesterday afternoon
>trying
>to determine if I had this user something driver installed or not when I
>installed the demo version of Total Recorder.  At some point in my search
>through the many menus, submenus, etc., I thought I'd found it and had
>checked it as the driver I wanted.  Anyway, when I attempt to record using

>TR, nothing at all records!  Lol!  Clearly something is not right.  I have

>TR as my record and playback device sound should come through.  Or should
>that be set to total recorder virtual device?  Somewher in the TR faq's I
>read that if I wanted to install this driver, I'd have to re-install TR
>again with that driver, but I couldn't find anywhere on the High Criteria
>website where you could know you were getting the driver you wanted.
>Okay,
>please educate me about this driver thing.  Where do I find them and how
>do
>I know I have them installed.  I know which one I'm supposed to get since
>I'm running XpP home edition.  Oh, well, it's a chance to learn some good
>basic stuff here, I guess.  Thanks so much for your help!
>
>Peace,
>Kathy
>

>Listen to Kathy and Fred on the Web at
>
>http://www.live365.com/stations/cityslackers/
>
>http://www.fredkate.libsyn.com

             Please Join Me from 9 to midnight Eastern Each Saturday for djc's
Jukebox on either:
http://ultrastreams.us:9660 Or http://sc8.spacialnet.com:22734/