thro Lexmark into the mix. I use the Lexmark 5200 and 5400 series all in one scanners without any problems.

I have found that the Epson software is not as easy to use as the software that comes with the Lexmark all in one units.

once installed, the software will allow you to work with openbook or Kurzweil without any problems.

----- Original Message ----- From: "jim gill" <sf49e...@comcast.net>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:27 AM
Subject: Recommendation on scanners.

hello PC-Audio:

I am trying to decide on scanner which I have no knowledge about so I am hoping the list can help me and any help is appreciated very much .

I am using XP Pro and Window-eyes version 6.1 and OPen Book version 7.1 and Kurzweil 1000 version 9 and would like list recommendation on scanners they are using to scan papers and books . I called GW Micro and they recommend Epson scanner but not a particular model I have been lookking at the perfect 3170 and perfect 4490 Also i would like to know if anyone is using HP and Canon scanners on e-mail list that could help me decide on a scanner ..
Thanks
Jim