Link has been corrected.

From: blindphones-boun...@mosenexplosion.com
[mailto:blindphones-boun...@mosenexplosion.com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Mosen
Sent: Sunday, 16 August 2009 9:17 AM
To: 'The Accessible Phones Discussion List'
Subject: If you Like Streaming Radio, you'll Love moodio!

I was just recommended a service I haven't seen before, and it is very cool
indeed.

Moodio is a portal for mobile phones allowing you to stream any Internet
radio station. It is easy to sign up, and the site is 100% accessible, both
on your PC and phone.

Moodio has a large database of streaming radio stations from which you can
choose. If a station you want isn't in the database, you can add it with an
easy form. Once you've added the stations you want, you log in with your
phone and your list of stations is available to you.

The service transcodes the stream for you, and sends it to your phone. There
are two reasons why this is very cool. First, my one ongoing annoyance with
Symbian is its lack of streaming Windows Media support. But with Moodio, any
Windows Media stream is available to you on your phone, as our Shoutcast
streams and a wide range of other formats.

Second, even if your phone supports some of these formats out of the box,
Moodio might save you money. If you have a cap on the amount of data you can
use each month, Moodio can send you the stream at a lower bit rate than the
original stream. let's take the stream for The Legend as an example. It is a
128KBPS MP3 stream, which uses about 15 K per second. In a little over 1
minute, you'll have used a meg. The default bit rate from Moodio is 24KBPS
parametric stereo. For the same stream transcoded by Moodio after a minute,
you'll have used only 180K. So you are getting the same stream, using about
a fifth of the data. Now because of the transcoding, and the lower bit rate,
it's not going to sound as good as the original. But the bit rate of the
stream you receive is configurable, so if quality rather than data
consumption is your aim, crank up the bit rate.

I'm thrilled to have found this, it really does rock.

Visit Moodio on the web at http://www.moodio.fm.

Jonathan
You received this message because you subscribed to the Accessible Phones
Discussion List.

If you don't want to receive messages from this list anymore, just send a
blank e-mail to:
blindphones-unsubscr...@mosenexplosion.com