Lauren,
From reading through the text version of the manual that Verizon posted
online, it seems to be a fully functional version of Talks for Windows Mobile, and it would probably do everything you want, including text messaging, email and Internet. However, if you look at the answer to question 3 on the Answers page that I sent the link for, you will hear the word "nontransferable" in the answer about the cost. This makes me think that the $99 price is just for a Talks license for this phone and cannot be transferred to another phone later.

Mobile Speaks has a higher initial cost, but it can be transferred to a new phone when a better one comes along.

If you have the Blackberry Tour 9630, you can wait for Orator for Blackberry to be released by Humanware. They say it will be released soon, but they don't say when, and they don't give a price. They say it will support all of the core Blackberry applications. This is the only Blackberry model they mention specifically in the information on their web site.

Gary King
w4...@bellsouth.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lauren" <lotusris...@att.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: Talks question

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info. Verizon sells the Ozone with Talks preloaded, but I can't find out if it is a limited or fully functioning version. If I choose it, do you know if I can navigate everything myself like accessing menus, email, internet and texting? Use of the internet would really be great for me!

The Talks cost $99; the Mobile Speaks, does it allow you to do everything and would it work on a Blackbury? I think I mad the mistake of buying a Blackbury Tour with Vlingo, but am discovering it won't let me access what I need. Verizon will let me trade to another phone without any penalty because of my disability.

Please advise and thanks to Gary also for his very helpful link.

Sincerely,

Lauren
----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin, Tim A., NMDOT" <tim.mar...@state.nm.us>