I installed this very same version of Winamp just a couple of weeks ago. Before going any further, did you follow the JFW installation instructions from within the jaws help files under the topic of Winamp? I'm thinking you did not associate any files to be played with Winamp. The important step is to use right arrow to expand the list of file extensions to be played by Winamp. Also try the obvious such as closing winamp then going to an MP3 file and pressing enter. Write back and we'll go from here.

Matthew

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ketan Kothari" <muktake...@gmail.com>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:37 PM
Subject: Winamp Question

Hi friends,

I have installed winamp 5.56 and whenever I click on any file winamp opens but it is quiet, that is, it does not play. But when I press X I hear the introductory winamp DJ Mike. How do I play my files? Help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614
MSN ID: muktake...@hotmail.com