Dane, never mind, I found the option. I'll try playing round with it a bit later. Too much going on ya know :).

At 02:59 PM 12/23/2009, you wrote:
Well Dane, I really don't know just how one would go about importing in TR. If this method is in deed obvious, please don't hesitate to make me feel a little stupid :). I did make a backup copy all of the files to a new folder. Should I just feel free to simply copy all the files with the possible exception of the executable file into the new folder and just go from there?

At 12:58 PM 12/23/2009, you wrote:
I'm not sure of the answer to your question but a tip for you next time, before uninstalling export your settings to a file, put them in a safe place and import them again when you've finished fiddling.

On 24/12/2009, at 3:35 AM, Larry Higgins wrote:

> Hi listers,
>
> Yesterday, I jumped the gun on an update to TR, and it looks like I tried to downgrade from a previous build, rather than upgrading. I know, kinda dumb, duh. I did manage to reinstall my previous version of TR8 after not being able to install the previous build, but had to completely remove the attempt at installing the accidental downgrade. Anyway, I now have my previous version of TR reinstalled, but would like to restore my previous settings from the copy of the former installation, which include hotkey settings, as well as others. would any of you know which files to copy back over to the new installation in order to make that happen, or am I just going to have to start over again from scratch?
>
> Well guys, I sure hope all that made some kinda sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Larry

> pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org

******************************

Dane Trethowan