I noticed the Plextalk Pocket has been left out in the discussion at hand. <smile>

----- Original Message ----- From: "brandon armstrong" <stunners...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: victor Reader Stream V Book Sense

yeah i agre with you on that point.
I have done several podcasts with my booksense xt and transfered the files to my macbook and uploaded them to my podcast page.
Brandon
On Dec 23, 2009, at 9:32 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:

I'm very glad to hear it and to be honest, that wouldn't be all that hard I don't reckon <smile>.

I would like to see some sort of voice database feature in these devices, some way whereby you could link notes or recordings together, say link a telephone number with an address or a name, I should think that such a feature would be handy for elderly people who could use these type of machines - not just for playing books - but as a type of information manager for basic information, The Victor Reader for example uses LINUX as its operating system so there's no question about the power the player has, its just a question of how to design such a system I outlined.

brandon armstrong wrote:
booksense transfers are much faster to mac and vise versa.
Brandon