total Recorder is extremely accessible, probably one of the most accessible
pieces of recording software there is for the Windows PC and as you've seen
from others, the Editor in Total Recorder Professional Edition is extremely
nice, perhaps not quite as precise as the editor in Gold Wave but it will do a
good job for most people's editing requirements and the software is only $35.00
from memory.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, get Total Recorder and
Goldwave and you have a pretty good suite of audio recording and editing tools
at your fingertips for under a hundred bucks.