Hello!
You can use a charger like this from caretec in Austria.
Its a talking battery charger and can take nicad and metal hbrid.
/Anders.

Colin r. Howard skrev 2010-03-09 19:11:
Greetings,

I am not sure if it is still made but I use a Sony ECM970 which is a small
hand-held single-point stereo-mic with three-position switch - towards the
hand is off, middle is narow- and nearest the head is wide-band stereo.  It
is powered by a single AA batterey, I have a metal hydride in mine and one
charge has lasted well over a year.  When the charge goes, it
*8sudd**suddenly** goes, takes about half a minute or less, fades and then
gone unlike most dry cells which in my experience of some forty years, give
good power for a fair time then over a period of (say) two or three hours,
fade giving worse and worse sound.

Metal hydride batteries need a special charger, cannot charge with one used
for the old-fashioned nycads, they do not have a memory as did nycad
batteries and they can last about a thousand charging cycles but when they
fail, they fail completely.

I've been using them for the last half-dozen or so years and have used many
many in all kinds of equipment;  in the time, have had about three duds and
five finished their lives.

> From Colin Howard who  lives near Southampton in
Southern England.