High Tom,
Are you saying, some of these mixers have vacuum tubes in them?
 John.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom" <t...@pc-audio.org>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: Best portable mike mixer out there?

Kathy,

Here's a few mixers that might meet your needs.

Behringer XENYX-502
5 Input 2 Bus Mixer w/EQ
Behringer XENYX-502 5 Input 2 Bus Mixer w/EQ
Small, Affordable and Great Sounding! The new 2-Bus XENYX 502
has 5 inputs and main mix, stereo CD/tape plus separate
headphone outputs, and boasts the new XENYX Mic Preamp, which matches the sound quality, transparency, headroom and dynamic range of a boutique-styled, standalone mic preamp. Featuring
a neo-classic "British-Style" 2- band EQ, which gives the
warmth and musicality of those '60s and '70s mega-console
desks, the XENYX 502 offers assignable CD/tape inputs for
routing flexibility, and comes in an ultra low-noise, high
headroom design.
Main Features:
. Premium ultra low-noise, high headroom analog mixer
. State-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamp comparable to stand-alone
boutique preamps (no 48V phantom power on the XENYX 502)
. Neo-classic "British" 2-band EQ for warm and musical sound
. Main mix, stereo CD/tape plus separate headphone outputs
. CD/tape inputs assignable to headphone output or main mix
outputs
. High-quality components and exceptionally rugged
construction ensure long life
$44.99

Behringer XENYX-802
8 Input 2 Bus Mixer w/EQ
Behringer XENYX-802 8 Input 2 Bus Mixer w/EQ
Small, Affordable and Great Sounding! The new 2-Bus XENYX 802
has 8 inputs and an FX Send control for each channel, and
boasts 2 XENYX Mic Preamps, which match the sound quality,
transparency, headroom and dynamic range of boutique-styled,
standalone mic preamps. Featuring a neo-classic
"British-Style" 3- band EQ, which gives the warmth and
musicality of those '60s and '70s mega-console desks, the
XENYX 802 offers assignable CD/tape inputs for routing
flexibility, and comes in an ultra low-noise, high headroom
design.
Main Features: . Premium ultra low-noise, high headroom
analog mixer . 2 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps
comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps; 48V phantom power . Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound . 1 post fader FX send per channel for external FX devices . 1 stereo aux return for FX applications or as separate stereo input . Main mix outputs plus separate control room, phones
and stereo CD/tape outputs . CD/tape inputs assignable to
main mix or control room/phones outputs . High-quality
components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long
life.
$59.99

Behringer XENYX-1002B
10-Input 2-Bus Mixer with XENYX Preamps and Optional Battery
Operation
Behringer XENYX-1002B 10-Input 2-Bus Mixer with XENYX Preamps
and Optional Battery Operation
The Behringer XENYX 1002B is a 10-Input 2-bus mixer offering two high quality XENYX mic preamps, "British" 3-band EQs for classic, warm sound and optional battery operation. Behringer XENYX 1002B Features: . Premium ultra-low noise analog mixer
with optional battery operation . 2 state-of-the-art XENYX
Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps .
Neo-classic ''British'' 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound . 4 balanced, high-headroom stereo inputs with 3 additional
mic inputs . One post-fader FX send and one pre-fader MON
send per channel for external FX devices and monitor
applications . Clip LEDs on all channels and dedicated
inserts on all mono channels . Main output plus separate
Phones and CD/Tape outputs . Switchable phantom power for
condenser microphones . Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper
master fader and sealed rotary controls . External power
supply for noise-free audio and superior transient response . High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction
. Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
$99.99

** Message From: Kathy Szinnyey **