Well..here in Maryland, from what I'm told, even the folks who work in the state library in Baltimore get the standard version! I attended a demonstration on these machines when some of the folks from the library came to Easton, MD. to put on the demonstration..we all were given a chance to sign up for a player (I chose the advanced model)..this was back in August. After not hearing anything for several months, I called the library; they said they'd get one sent right out..at which point, I said "now this will be the "advanced" one..right?" "oh no..we don't have any of those!" To which I replied, "well I am on the list to. (the gal interrupted "Oh we don't have those lists anymore; we threw those away!" Although they wouldn't come right out and say it, I got the feeling that it was either I take the "standard" or nothing! So I decided (after thinking about it for a day or two and after emailing someone I know who works there)..that I'd do well to take the "standard" player..it may be (as I was told).that I could call in about six months or so and..they may have them! So that's my story up until now; the standard player works well..but I still wouldn't mind having an "advanced" version at some point in time! Maybe it'll happen someday! Tom Kaufman