From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of tim cumings
Sent: August-13-10 10:45 PM
To: grtd...@internode.on.net; PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: recording with imic using a microphone

Hi, Dane.
I just bought a griffin imic which I'm using on my windows xp machine. It is
working wel as far as playback,  but when I try to record using a microphone
I get a lot of background whine  which sounds like it might be coming
through the usb port. I have the mic gain adjustment turned all the way up.
Here's a link to a sample.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5297006/imictest.mp3
 I'm using an audiotechnica modelat8004  dynamic omnidirectional microphone
which has a sensitivity rating of -49 db and impedance of 600 ohms. Do you
have any idea what might be causing this noise. The imic is plutged into one
of the usb ports on my audigy sound card. I also tried it on one of the pc
usb ports on the bcak of the pc with the same results.