Well, I guess I should really say that puzzle is mine. Hopefully somebody can help me restore harmony between me and TR.

Just a little bit of background. I had a nearly fatal accident with my computer at the end of March of the previous year. No need to go in to all that, except to say that it became necessary to rebuild my computer from the ground up, software wise. Yesterday, after all that time, I needed to schedule and record a radio program from my stereo receiver, using the linein to my soundcard. That part went fine, but the problem is what follows.

The problem is simply this. I can no longer get TR to mute the sound coming into the linein when recording. This used to allow me to record from my receiver, allowing me to do any other work without interference from what I am recording from the external source. I have scoured every dialog box for any remedy, and just can't find one. I remember there being a monitoring option that one could check or uncheck in a previous version, and when unchecking that box, that, at least as far as I can remember, allowed me to record linein in the background, but now I can't seem to find anything remotely relating to monitoring, unless it is preview monitoring, and that doesn't seem to help.

Please, please, don't get this issue confused with hearing speech through my soundcard going to my linein recording. I have that covered, no problemo.

If I can further clarify the issue, please let me know. I guess I can always find something to do other than use my computer during these times, but would like to once again have the option of computing in silence.

Thanks much,

Larry