I was thinking it would be slow whenever you were copying files over to or from the USB drive over that 1.1 USB connection. I'm not sure if the access rate over a 1.1 USB connection would be so slow as to effect your ability to play audio off a drive attached to such a port. It would probably work, but your player may have to do a tiny bit of buffering.

There's a few things you can do to see if you have more hard drive space out there. When you go into My computer, do you see any other drives listed besides the C drive? If so, they may be other partitions on your hard drive.

You can also use Windows Disk Management to see how your hard drive is partitioned. Go to your desktop, arrow over to My Computer, and hit the shift+f10, right mouse button or applications key to bring up the context menu. Arrow down to Manage and hit enter. Now you can arrow down to Storage, Disk Management and then tab over to check out how your drive is partitioned.

Christopher
chalt...@gmail.com <mailto:chalt...@gmail.com>