From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Barry Chapman
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:14 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Advice wanted on USB speakers

Please can anyone advice me of USB computer speakers which meet the
following criteria.

1. Must be powered via USB.

2. The sound source must be via USB, that is, not a separate lead into the
audio output jack of the computer.

3. The sound quality must be good with a reasonable amount of base.

I have one set which satisfy my requirements, but am wanting to buy another
set.  The ones I have are the Rock USB speakers 302G,
but they apparently have been discontinued.

I purchased a different set on spec over the Internet, the Gigabyte GP-S4600
2.0 Speaker - USB Bus-Powered Audio System, but didn't
discover until I received them that only the power is via the USB port.
Apart from this, to adequately describe what I think of the
sound quality, I would need to use language which is not suitable for the
list.

Thanks,
Barry Chapman