From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Dave Scrimenti
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:28 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: comparison between the LS-7 and DM-620

I don't know which one you should buy, but I certainly wouldn't go for the
ls7 for the 96/24 sampling rate.What are you going to record that you
believe requires such a high sampling rate, especially since you'll usually
have to downsample to 44.1/16 anyway? And are you planning to spend hundreds

or thousands on microphones and pre-amps so you'll actually notice the
difference? I don't mean to sound harsh or sarcastic, but I don't see the
necessity of going to 96/24 with what is essentially a consumer recorder.
Even Neal Ewers in his podcast says he rarely uses those high rates.