dbpoweramp music converter, 8 gb of ram and a quadcore. Oh and dbpoweramps batch convert function if you have a bunch and they're done in minutes. Alright there are free ones and I think there is a free version of dbpoweramp, I bought a license since I use it on a daily basis.

Dave c. bahr

On 7/22/2011 5:19 PM, armando maldonado wrote:
 Thanks people, I'm following Adrian's advice for the moment, yes
 it's tedious but workable. Armando

 -----Original Message----- From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org
 [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
 Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 1:54 PM To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
 Subject: RE: Victor reader stream question

 I believe the Soft Pack is priced at about $40. However, it is
 possible to convert files to MP3 through a more convoluted process.
 Without the Soft Pack, all note files will be recorded in that .GP
 format. With the free HumanWare Companion software, it is easy to
 convert .GP files to .WAV files. From there, you can use GoldWave or
 another application to convert to MP3. As I said, convoluted. Me, I'm
 happy to convert from .GP to .WAV, so the HumanWare Companion is a
 boon. You need the latest version of that software.

 -----Original Message----- From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org
 [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Blackwell,
 Clifford Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 4:48 PM To: 'PC Audio Discussion
 List' Subject: RE: Victor reader stream question

 You need to have purchased and installed an optional "softpack" from
 Humanware. Once you've done that, you may select the recording
 format.

 -----Original Message----- From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org
 [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of armando
 maldonado Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 3:33 PM To: 'PC Audio
 Discussion List' Subject: Victor reader stream question

 Hello, I was wondering if anyone on the list owns or uses a victor
 reader stream? If so I have a question in regards to recording
 formats. How do I tell the stream to record in MP3? It's currently
 set to some 3GP format or such and I want to be able to record in wav
 or mp3. thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

 armando