Hello.

Sounds perfectly right to me. I've never tried saving such a huge amount of data at once, but I can attest that it works for much smaller sizes. Maybe you've encountered a bug of some kind?

If you have a CD ripper programme, most of them will convert wave to MP3. You shouldn't have to do this but at least you'll be able to get the file you want...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Giovanelli" <joeg...@earthlink.net>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:39 AM
Subject: wave to MP 3 conversion problem

Hi, List Members,

I'm trying to do what I thou should be a straight forward thing. I have a wavefile which runs about 5 hours and tried to convert it to an MP 3 file at 128 K, sampling rate of 44.1 kHz.

I used Goldwave to record and convert the file.

The finished file still says the file size   is 2.8 GB.

This looks wrong to me.

Goldwave can play the file but Windows Media player cannot.

The steps to convert the file were:

I saved the wave file as an MP 3 file. Then I tabbed to attributes and selected 128 KB.

I'd really appreciate someone telling me what I did wrong.

Thanks for reading this.

Joe G.