Very cool.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 2:50 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Taking The Punt On A New Device

Hi Everyone and a Happy New Year to you all, new Years greetings seem to be
thin on the ground so perhaps that's an indication of what sort of year
we're going to have? Well not if I can help it <smile>.

Anyway to other matters of far more importance.

An online seller with whom I do regular business with today offered me a USB
FM/AM/DAB/DAB+/TV Tuner USB stick for $25.00 Australian Dollars including
delivery to my door.

To me this was an offer I couldn't refuse, even if I can't get the beast
working under Window-Eyes which I'm sorry to say will be most likely I'm
sure <smile> then at least I can try another approach or at the very worst!
it will make a very nice gift for someone who can make use of it.

Now I'm going to give Twitter a mention again because its come to my rescue,
no sooner did I mention that I'd bought one of these tuner sticks then I
received quite a few messages from people who use Screen reading technology
who own these devices, it seems that users of JAWS 13 have no trouble using
the Tuner Stick whatever thanks to the OCR technology employed, they can see
the channels and therefore click on the one they wish to listen to, record
etc so that's neat!

The software supplied with the Tuner does not I'm told have any keyboard
shortcuts which is a shame and seems to be very poorly written however users
of Windows 7 can take full advantage of the tuner by using the Windows Media
centre.

I also heard of others who have used this Tuner under LYNUX quite
successfully, it would appear that LYNUX is the best operating environment
for this tuner.

Anyway I'll keep the list informed of my progress with this device, should
have it this time next week.