From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On
Behalf Of André van Deventer
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:19 AM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: windows media player problems

Hi folks

Using jaws 13, windows 7 and windows media player 12.

For some reason Windows Media player does not now want to play any streams
from the internet.

This happened after I tried to play a protected file on it.  This is a
ripped cd on my hard drive which was ripped  in wma lossless in protected
mode by mistake.

I got the usual message that a license was downloaded now and I could play
the file.  However, when I closed media player and tried to play the file it
froze.  After a time a message appeared saying something like a server that
could not be found.

Since then for some strange reason I am also unable to play streamed content
on windows media player from the internet.

All unprotected content however works fine.

Any advice?

Andre