Hi. I'm trying to record the contents of a cassette from an APH cassette
recorder to a Victor Stream. I have a wire connecting the APH's earphone
jack to the Stream's input jack. I tried using the APH's out line jack, but
the result is a little of the cassette's audio and a lot of static.

My question is whether there's a way to reliably set the volume on the APH
machine so that the Stream's recording isn't distorted. It seems to be all
guesswork.

If there's a better way of approaching this task, please let me know.