I would just ither go external card, or get a third party internal as those are better, in particular the x-fi series cards. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe" <n3...@hotmail.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:39 PM
Subject: motherboard with good onboard audio

Hi. The subject asks the question. Is it possible to get a computer with good onboard audio? The last PC I built in 2008 has an Intel DG41RQ MOTHERBOARD THAT BOASTS OF HIGH DEFINITION audio but its far from that. Even at 100 percent I can't get a good level. I've tried several microphones so I don't think the mic is the problem. Are they're any computers out there either pree built or home built that have good level audio? or is it always better to just get an external sound card and forget about on board audio. Thanks. Joe.