Hello Jeff and list: Thanks a bunch; your instructions worked like a charm! The file I had was one that was a You Tube thing that played at a very low volume (I converted it to MP3, so then all I needed was to get that volume up to where I didn't have to crank my computer up so much! Now..if only I could find a way to save the video of that You Tube I have; then get the volume up on that, it'd really be neat! But that may be asking for a bit much! Thanks again for your help! Tom Kaufman P.S. Is there any way (when using MP3 direct Cut) to monitor what you're doing? If so, it would eliminate the guess work! The first time I did it was actually just a little too loud! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Samco" <jsa...@jps.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: Using Gain In MP3 Direct Cut

Tom,

These are my steps for increasing or decreasing the gain throughout a file. First, I do Ctrl-A to select the entire file, which is the same as Rich did with marking the beginning and end of the file.
Use Ctrl-G to bring up the  Gain menu.
You are now on a scroll bar for setting the gain level for the start of the file. By default you're on 32 of 90; I usually lower the number to something like 28 or 25 to moderately increase the gain. Tab to the next scroll bar which sets the gain for the end of the file. Set the same number for this if you want an even increase across the entire file.
Press O to close the gain menu.
HTH,
Jeff