I think if you can find a Thomas Picconi or Studebaker turntable, this may be your only hope.

you may have to resample the 78 rpm records to listen to them on the computer or something.

good luck finding something.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald.robert...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:05 PM
Subject: turntables

I am wondering whether anyone on list can recommend a turntable which will play 78 RPM records. Not crazy about USB because of the problems that some folks have had. I have some old 78s saved since childhood which I would enjoy playing, so I don't want to sink much money into it. I do have a preamp which has the appropriate equalization settings for a magnetic cartridge, but I will be lucky to find anything as I am sure that most low cost turntables will have ceramic cartridges and probably will be USB.

So I would appreciate ideas.

Don Roberts