From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 18:38
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: charging the h800 headset

Okay, to get this all straightened out and this comes from someone who owns a
Logitech H800 headset
- that someone is me <smile>. -.

The Headset has a USB Micro port on the right hand side for charging though it
could possibly be
used for other things like firmware updates? That I'm not sure of but its main
purpose is for
charging.

You would have received a micro USB plug to standard USB connector lead with
the headset which is
for the use of charging the headset, you plug one end into the headset whilst
the other end plugs
into a standard USB socket on a computer, external battery, power supply or
whatever, the voltage is
the same about 5 volts.

Whilst the headset is charging it can be used hence the rather lengthy USB
connecting cable
supplied.

The H800 headset has 2 wireless modes, one is Bluetooth 2.0 - for use with
Smart Phones etc - and
Wireless 2.4GHZ - for use with your computer using the supplied dongle -.

The dongle plugs into a USB socket of your computer and will be recognised by
Windows, Mac etc as a
separate sound device so you can for example configure such software as Skype
to recognise the
microphone of the H800 and the speakers being the H800 headset.

When not in use the dongle stores away in a handy compartment found on the left
hand side of the
headset under a cap, rotate anti clockwise and the cap comes off revealing 2
compartments, one for
the rechargeable lithium ion battery and the other for storage of the dongle,
replace the cap and
turn clockwise, the cap will snap back into place.