I can't speak on behalf of Win 8 but I know it works with Win 7 Home Premium at
the very least and the latest build of the Windows Media Player that will work
with Windows XP, the manual for the XW-SMA3 is the same for that of the XW-SMA1
and its up on my Dropbox, has been for quite some time and I posted a link to
the list to the file, happy to do that again if anyone wants to have a look.