Kelly,

There are definitely simpler programs than Sound Forge, and if you can get
version 6 to run then you have it made.
There are a lot of options that can affect how Sound Forge 11 works and some of
what you are experiencing probably
is caused by options chosen.  I occasionally have been fooled by the selection
process in Sound Forge 10 and 11
and have found answers to some of my issues and believe that there is probably
still something I don't understand
about selecting data rather than it being a program bug.  If you decide you
have to go back to Sound Forge 11, we
might be able to work through some of it.  Otherwise, Gold Wave and Audacity
are both options that others have had
good luck with besides MP3Cut.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson