Hi all.  This is a tentative inquiry regarding this voice recorder.  I
bought it around 2-2.5 years ago but apart from a day or two of
investigation I have never used the machine.  I took the battery from the
player and stored  it all away for 2 and a half years or more.  My interest
has once more been rekindled but after replacing the battery, putting it on
charge over night for around 8 hours I'm a little confused.  When attached
to a mains outlet and I then turn on the player I get the start tone and I
can using the voice guidance navigate through the folders.  Of course as it
hasn't been used there is nothing in the folders but the voice guidance does
work.  However if I disconnect the player from the mains and again turn it
on, I once more get the start up tone but around 3 or 4 seconds later I get
3 quick beeps but the voice guidance doesn't work as when it is attached to
the mains.  I at first thought the battery isn't charging but if that were
the case then it wouldn't start and I wouldn't get the start tone so the
player must be getting power from the battery.  Unfortunately I will have no
sighted help until Friday to see what is on the screen but if anybody can
tell me what the 3 quick beeps mean and if it is a problem what can I do
about it.  Hope you can help but if you do need more info, I'll try and get
that on Friday.  Walter.

---
is active.