There are a lot of people out there still using Winamp but the time will come -
if it hasn’t come already - when those people are going to run into
difficulties.

I’ve been playing with WMP for the last few days and I’m quite surprised at the
flexibility of the player, in fact I’d go so far as to say its been just about
a closely guarded secret <smile>.

Sure, WMP has some annoying problems in my opinion, its not very flexible when
it comes to playing Audio formats such as FLAC but for most people I’d imagine
this isn’t a problem and in any case, if you’re that concerned about playing
Lossless formats then you can use software to convert your FLAC collection to
Lossless Windows Media Audio.

My favourite player across platforms is VLC which just keeps getting better.

> On 9 Nov 2014, at 7:19 am, John Gurd <j.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Dane, I think I may have a go at this. I've ignored WMP up to now,
> but as Winamp is no longer being updated I'm starting to think about other
> options.
>
> John

**********

Dane Trethowan