Discontinued.

On 26/07/2015 3:53 AM, Jim Portillo wrote:
Is the dm4 still being sold?  I can't seem to find one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Aidan
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2015 5:17 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Olympus Recorders: Differences Between The DM-4 and DM-7

Yes, there were a few updates to dm4 to make more things speak. The
dm7 have daisy functions, but I think that needs fixing as I cannot manage to
read a book. Hopefully a update is coming. It can also import daisy from cd,
but again I could not manage to perform that successfully. The diary is quite
similar. I cannot compare to dm4 exactly, as I don't have one, but I know that
on dm7 you first enter the diary, then you go to the day you want with cursor
keys and press enter on that. Then you record the memo up to one minit I think.
Then in the menu you will be able to set an alarm for the memo on the day you
choose when you started off. And to set alarm and recording timer is very
accessible. Note however that unlike the older models, there is know longer an
alarm playback function under the playback menu. So the only alarm you can set
are those wich are assigned to a voice memo. And then you connect to pc, you
will see in the internal memory a folder containing the memos. I had know
problem setting alarm.