From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Geoff Eden
Sent: 28 September 2015 12:38 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: feeling bass frequencies

Cognitive transference, it's entirely possible that with use your brain may
kick in the bass for you.

A long time ago there was a deaf blind ham operator in central Canada who used
the Morris code for communication.  A gentleman at the national research
Council built a speaker box whose speaker cone he filled with Styrofoam, and
then topped with plastic for protection as this person's hand would be on the
speaker a great deal.

This person worked the radio for many years and most of her contacts never knew
that she was deaf blind.

Therefore I suggest a small Wolfer with major excursion capability and whose
cone be filled with foam to provide you a flat surface.  It too could be
covered by a plastic film for protection.  Small Wolfer's travel back and forth
more distance, generally, than do large ones to get the air in the room moving.
 Hence, the term long excursion.

It strikes me that some of those relatively inexpensive three point speaker
systems for computers might have a ready made Wolfer box that you could adapt
directly.  I see them all over the place for around $100 or less.  A computer
repair store just may have a set of these speakers with the tweeter components
not functioning, as it's rather common for their cables to break or deteriorate.

Best of luck to you, and let us know if it works out.  It's probably material
for a research article.

Geoff